5 Ways A Capsule Wardrobe Saved My Sanity
A year ago I began my journey of creating capsule wardrobes. I started with myself and then moved onto everyone in my family. We all now have seasonal capsule wardrobes. This organizational move has literally saved my sanity.
1. Both my 3 & 5 year old can pick out their clothes and get dressed every morning. The Best Part : Everything in their closet coordinates so it doesn’t matter what shirt or bottom they pull out. They get the freedom of choice and I get the peace knowing that they at least match and look presentable.
Note : This applies to my teenager as well…he is able to lay out his clothes the night before since he has to leave every school morning by 6:30.
2. Cuts down on Laundry – That’s right I do laundry 3 days a week. My hubby and teenager do their own laundry on Sunday afternoons. That means I do household laundry one day, my laundry, and the younger childrens’ laundry one day.
Note : It gets washed, folded, and put away all in one day.
3. Saves Money – Having a capsule wardrobe means I can save money and budget for clothing. It has allowed me to invest in quality pieces as well, since we pass down clothing from my 5 year old to my 3 year old.
Note : We update my 3 year old wardrobe with a new shirt or dress since she is getting the hand -me -downs.
4. Updating Wardrobes is Easy – To update each wardrobe and season takes about a day. I can see what fits and what doesn’t and replace any clothing.
5. Makes Our Morning Routine Simple and Stress Free – Since everyone has and interchangeable wardrobe it is easy to plan out clothing the night before to make for an easy morning.
If you would like more information on how to have a capsule wardrobe please comment and or email me.
Til Our Next Adventure,