Disney Dining Plan Yes or No?
You have decided that you are ready to plan your Disney Vacation! That thought alone makes me smile from ear to ear! As your building your magical vacation through Disney Travel or with a travel agent you have to decide Do you want to Add Dining? You wonder which one to choose & is it worth the money? As a family we have done all the different dinning plans and one Disney resort vacation where we did not use the Dinning Plan at all.
In this post I will give you a quick breakdown of each dining plan along with some tips to make it work for you (for more detailed tips click on over Best Dining Tips for Disney & keep your dining budget in check. But to decide on the Best Dining Plan you have to ask yourself the following questions?
Affiliate links are included below. This means I will receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase a product through my link. Thank you for your support! 🙂
1. How many people are in my family & the ages of children? (You pay for dining 3&up)
2. Does my family eat a lot?
3. Do you want any special Dining Reservations (character breakfasts, Cinderella Royal Table or Be Our Guest, Dinner Shows?) …these are questions you need to consider?
4. Are you staying in a villa? (some of these have small kitchenettes) or a club level room? (these rooms come with a special club level area with appetizers, drinks, snacks etc. included in your room fee).
5. Are you planning on bringing any food or snacks with you and or having them delivered to your room via a grocery delivery service (link) and or Amazon (link)?
Once you have answered those questions…you can then decide which Disney Dining Plan is for you?
Now that you looked over the difference in plans, I will give you a quick breakdown of why I chose different plans for each of our Disney Vacations.
1. Ouick Service– We chose this plan because we were on a budget & I had two children under 3. We knew we weren’t going to do a lot of the character meals (as my children were still shy around characters). We splurged on one character meal and paid for it. The rest of our meals were quick service at the Art of Animation (Landscape of Flavors) or Quick Service in the Park (My Favorite Disney Quick Service & Snacks). We also would pick up food in the Landscape of Flavors & take it back to the room while M & K napped.
2. Disney Dining Plan – This time we had a 4-year old, 2 year old & 7 month old. (We stayed at wilderness lodge). This trip we discovered the Whispering Canyon Cafe (my absolute favorite Restaurant)(List of Top Table Services) and M was now excited to meet the characters & princesses.
We splurged and did this Dining plan to accommodate the character breakfasts. The problem we ran into was there were times we would have done more Quick Service but with this plan it has to be one or the other. We did well with food & snack credits – not having any leftover. This plan also takes some time to plan out..because certain days we would do all quick service and other days we would end up doing 2 table services depending on how our reservations worked out.
3. Resort Stay & No Dining Plan – We stayed at Animal Kindgdom Lodge. As we weren’t doing any parks (other than a water park) we paid for food. We ate at the quick service (Mara) & we ate at T-Rex on this stay down at Disney Springs.
One thing we learned is that Disney Dining Plan is an affordable choice. That might change in the future as our children get older.
4. Deluxe Dining Plan– We loved the flexibility with this meal plan & the extra table services covered the Cinderella’s Royal Table, La Cellier Steak House, and extra meals at the Wild Canyon Cafe, along with the Disney Spirit of Aloha Show. But, it was almost too much food. I am not sure we will do this Disney Dinning Plan again.
For our family the best value comes in at the Disney Dining Plan, but fingers crossed I would love for a Dinning Plan between the Disney Dining and Deluxe Dining. I would also like to conclude that we save our snack credits for specialty items, and lunches.
I would love to hear your feedback on Disney Dining, and of course any questions please comment or send me an email.
Til Next Time,