Disney Wildnerness Lodge
Disney is my favorite vacation place. It truly is magical. Our family has been able to vacation there & have stayed at a couple of the Resorts. Thus, far my favorite resort is The Wilderness Lodge. To give you some background we have stayed at the following Resorts, Disney’s Art of Animation (The Little Mermaid Room), Animal Kingdom Lodge, and our favorite so far Wilderness Lodge.
The Wilderness Lodge is made up of a few different style rooms, they have suites, rooms with bunk beds, and rooms with two queen beds. Though it hasn’t been advertised yet ….due to the clearing out of trees for the Cooper Creek Villas & Cabins…you can now get an excellent view of fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
We have stayed in the room with two queen beds and have spent two of our vacations here. Below are the reasons I personally LOVE Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
1. The Resort is gorgeous and reminds you of a resort located in the mountains. I love the bridges, waterfalls, totems and cozy feel. Each time I walk through those doors, I feel myself unwind. (Even writing this I wish to be back there).
2. Everything is pretty conveniently located. You don’t have to walk too far to get to the gift shop, Restaurants, pools, & my favorite outdoor lounge. Wilderness Lodge Dining
3. They have lots of planned activities for the children (this is the case for most of Disney Resorts), dance party’s by the pool, movies under the stars and campfire smores. M & K had a blast dancing & playing games.
4. You can watch the electrical light parade right at the Hotel.
5. It has 3 pool areas, a zero depth entry pool (brand-new), a pool with a rock water slide, and a fun splash pad with slides. Click on this link for an overview of the Recreational activities at Wilderness Lodge.
6. There is an arcade for those rainy days and a geyser that goes off on the hour. Plenty of beautiful landscaped areas to relax around.
7. It is far enough away from the rest of the resorts that you feel a bit secluded but still have all the magic of Disney.
8. My Favorite Restaurant is here theWhispering Canyon Cafe.
P.S. if you get the chance to eat here make sure you ask for the Ketchup! Plus there is fun entertainment for the kids.
9. We Love using the ferry to travel to the Contemporary (you can walk from here to magic kingdom & or catch the monorail) (Transportation Tips) and or take the ferry directly to magic kingdom.
10. The rooms are spacious, clean & comfortable.
11. The Lobby has a lot of cozy seating areas & a big fireplace where you can unwind after a long day at the park.
12. As with any Disney Resort the service is Magical and Excellent.
We truly enjoy this Resort. If your looking for a Resort close to Magic Kingdom, this is my top pick for families. As always comment below with your favoite Disney Resort and or questions. I can always be reached by email.
Til Our Next Adventure,