Must Have Disney Transportation & Security Tips
You are all set for your magical vacation & you want to know what to expect when it comes to security & transportation at Disney. A lot of factors that go into this whether you are staying on property, where your resort is located, & how you arrived at Disney.
Here is some magical wisdom that will hopefully make your trip extra magical.
1. If you are flying in to Orlando, Disney has their own transportation system that will get you to your hotel. (Disney’s Magical Express) If you are driving you can head directly to your resort at any point on your day of arrival & check in. Baggage hold will hold all your luggage until your room is ready. (Secrets to a Magical Disney Vacation).
2. Each Resort has bus transportation to and from the parks & Disney springs. If you are traveling with little ones & have a stroller it’s important to note that you will need to fold up the stroller.
3. You can also drive to the parks from your Resort if you drove & or rented a car. Parking at the Parks is included with your Vacation.
Note : new for 2018 you will need to pay a fee to park overnight at your resort.
4. You can take the monorail from your Resort if you are staying at The Floridian, Polynesian, & Contemporary to Magic Kingdom. If you are headed to Epcot you will need to switch to the Epcot Monorail at Ticketing & Transportation.
5. You can use the ferry’s from ticketing & transportation to Magic Kingdom. There are also ferry’s that run from The Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, & Wilderness Campground directly to Magic Kingdom. A ferry that runs from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary.
6. Depending on the size of the ferry you will need to fold your stroller, the larger ones you can wheel your stroller on to the ferry.
7. If it fits in your budget Disney is now offering a special transportation to and from each park. (Resort & Theme Park Transportation)
Disney strives to make everyone safe while visiting their parks. Here are some tips to getting through security smoothly.
1. Disney now has checkpoints throughout their park to make going through security smoother. There are checkpoints before getting on the monorails, as you get off ferry’s, before you enter parks etc.
2. Be Ready if you have a large party split up most people migrate to the center lanes sometimes there are fewer people in lines towards the outside.
For our family I head over with the baby & bags. Then H heads over with the stroller and a bag.
3. Be Ready for the security officer this means : have all pockets unzipped, items up on the table & ready. If you have a stroller make sure the security officer can clearly see the bottom of the stroller.
Note: I pack all our small items in cosmetic bags it makes it easier to search through & I don’t lose anything.
4. Be pleasant to your security officers they are there to make sure you have a safe & magical time.
Do you have any transportation or security Tips..if, so I would LOVE to read them. As always you can drop me an email.
Til Our Next Adventure,