Why Busy Mom’s Need Audible
I love scrolling pinterest and seeing all the great book lists. I see them, make a mental note (forgetting because wait I have 3 children under 5) and writing it down or saving the pin. My friends are also great at recommending books. Now for me when I say books I mean non-fiction reads…..when it comes to a good Nora Roberts and or interesting Fiction book, I find the time to read it and finish it rather quickly.
However when it comes to nonfiction books I have to take my time to read it, even if it is written well I still struggle to read it at a decent pace. I start to read it in the morning and I get interrupted or at quiet time in the afternoon and somehow once again get interrupted….did I mention those little kiddos. Then if I try to pick it up at night my brain is mush and all I want to do is lose myself in a story.
I would feel so defeated because I knew these books held some awesome information, yet I would end up reading the same sentences over and over due to interruption. Then one day…..I discovered audible. Don’t get me wrong audio books have been around for a while but other than listening to Harry Potter on Audio for my older son when I was trying to ignite a joy of reading. I hadn’t thought about using it for nonfiction books.
This past Christmas I received a set of air buds for my iPhone and signed up for a free trial to audible and became hooked. Here is why I love audible so much and how it has help me to become a better wife, mother, and enterapenuaur.
1. I can listen to Audible books while accomplishing mundane tasks.
Note : I listen during my morning while getting ready, during workouts or walks, doing dishes and most other household tasks.
2. An audible subscription allows me to download my books through amazon and I get to try out new books all the time! Plus I can give away Free Books to Friends.
3. I have discovered a lot of good books and have been able to carry out their practices and information into my life.
4. I don’t have to worry about returning a book I either haven’t finished or want to read again.I LOVE that I can go back and re listen to a book when needed. I am on my third listen of Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and I learn something new every time.
5. My audible is cheaper than buying a book and then not getting to read it.
6. I can make notes in my evernote app as I listen so it works great at referencing what I learned.
7. I can finish an audible book in about 2 days depending on the length of the book.
8. I have gotten H to listen while driving or out running errands together. He doesn’t like to read and it’s a great way to get him to listen to an audio book that I think has valuable information. Audible is compatible with the Bluetooth system in our van another win!
9. The best reason as of late is we have been doing a lot of road trips to visit family. H & I switch off driving during the night since the kids sleep and audible helps me listen to some great nonfiction books which keep me awake.
10. My final reason is we love to listen to audible books while working on puzzles, doing art projects, playing with blocks and other quiet activities during our day. (There are some great history & children’s books on audible). Even better is now audible is compatible with our Sono’s speakers.
In the End.. Audible has been a great addition to my life as a busy mom. I Love learning and for myself as an audio learner I wish I had discovered it sooner. If you use audible or have some great book recommendations I would love to hear from you! Be sure to enter your email for a chance to win my favorite new book Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.
Til Our Next Adventure,